Rudely awoken at 7.30am by horrendous noises from the works next to the canal which we had not spotted when we moored.
Purchased some fresh bread and milk so that we could had a bacon sarnie for breakfast.
Just as we were ready to set off a wide barge and pusher tug nabbed the lock. Only 4 locks today. Passed Tudor Rose moored at Uxbridge.
Stopped at Uxbridge boat centre for fuel. I had dipped the tank and was surprised to find 1cm above the low level mark. Managed to get in 104l which meant we qualified for the 1p lower rate of 48p/l. Also bought some cable for the throttle. To fit it we had to slightly enlarge one of the end fittings, but the end result should last for longer than the original.
All this meant we were now running late but we made it to Hayes in time for a pint and a meal in the Wetherspoons. Mikes car would not start so I removed the engine battery from Jacob and Mike carried it to the car to jump start it.
I did not get away till 3.30pm but managed to average 3.6mph and arrived at Little Venice by 8.30pm.
Little Venice was very busy and I moored even further out that last time. Tudor Rose passed by at modnight.
Went to the Union for a pint and a beefburger.
No comments:
Post a Comment