20070530

Tuesday 29th May

Weybridge to Send

A nice day and no restrictions on the Wey. Set off to get to Byfleet for lunch. Met another boat at the first loack and we wnt through two locks together. I had to do the third lock myself and discovered the need for front and aft ropes due to the gate paddles. Also the paddle gear can be very stiff despite the long handle windlass that I had hired.

Moored by Byfleet Boat Club and walked into Byfleet to visit the Plough for lunch. On the way back I purchased some bread and milk.

In the afternoon I did not get to share any locks but I did get help from hire boats coming downstream.

Emptied the loo above Pyrford lock and filled up with water at Cartbidge wharf. Moored for the night by the New Inn at Cart Bridge, Send.

No comments: