Left Welton Hythe and turned left at Norton junction onto the Grand Union main line. Another boat joined us to share Bucky locks. We moored briefly at Whilton so that I could collect some filters from the chandlery.
Pressed on to Weedon for lunch. Walked into Lower Weedon to the Plume of Feathers where we were served beer in jug type glasses.
In the afternoon we carried on through Blisworth tunnel and down Stoke Bruerne locks where we moored for the night at the bottom.
Walked back up to the Boat Inn where I had a very expensive smoked salmon sandwich. It was twice the price of the one I had 4 days ago, and not as good. The beer also was not cheap, the Marstons Old Empire was £3.00 a pint, but it was good. We finished off with a pint in the the Navigation, to see what that was like. Very much a family pub but with three beers, we had the Banks's Amber.
No comments:
Post a Comment