20090527

Tuesday 26th May

Rugeley to Salt

Short run this morning to Great Haywood. Went for lunch in the Clifford Arms. After that I went to the Shugborough Hall estate. I went round most of the gardens and the farmhouse and watermill, but didn't have time to see the walled garden or the house itself.

After that I made the short trip up through Weston to Salt Bridge. One of the boaters I met on the way had just come from there and highly recommended it. He forgot to mention the the canal is right by the railway there, and that the moorings are not very deep and gravelly, so there were strange noises all night.

Went to the Holly Bush Inn to eat. The car park was full, as was the pub. However one of the waitresses managed to find me a table. Its won various awards for food, which was good, and the staff are really good.

No comments: