20090525

Sunday 24th May

Harsthill to Fazeley

Left about 9am. An even better day than yesterday, clear blue sky.

Arrived at the Atherstone flight where the top lock had the requisite 6 bollards, including 3 new square wooden ones designed so that rope will not slip on them. The rest of the flight only had 5 bollards, disgraceful. Initially not much help from other boats down the the Atherstone flight but it got better.

Stopped for lunch above lock 10. Set off again just in time so that both locks were set for me. I was disgusted that the locks at Bascote only had 3 bollards.

Initially I moored for the night on the 7 day moorings just before the junction, but after some kids had thrown some stones towards Jacob, I decided to move further on, past Peel wharf. On my way out to find something to eat I received a text from Mike and Rosie who had just passed Jacob on his neighbours boat. I jumped on at the junction and we went on into Fazeley Mill marina. Unfortunately they were just out for the day and had to get back home. I went to the Bulls Head in Two Gates for a drink then on the way back I got an Indian takeaway.

No comments: