Left early to get to Fradley for an early lunch. Arrived there about 1215 and moored south of the junction. Went to the Swan for a quick pint, but decided not to eat there as they were quite busy.
Fradley was not too busy with boats when I passed through but I did get the swingbridge worked for me. At the first lock the fender got dragged down out of the way and the front deck got flooded with leaks from the top gate, but not enough to cause a problem. I foolishly went through the second lock without adjusting the fender and I now have more room in the glasses cupboard. I stopped after that to adjust the fender.
I was thinking of stopping at the Plum Pudding near Armitage, which is now an expensive Italian brasserie, but when I got there there was loud music blaring out from the pub across the road, so I decided to press on. It had started to rain by then but only drizzle. Looked at the Ash Tree pub but it was a 2 for 1 pub, which is not much use for one person, and the moorings are that nasty piling that goes in and out.
Carried on to just before the first visitor mooring in Rugeley where there were several other boats moored, apparently without problems.
There are no GBG pubs so I walked to the Plaza which is a Wetherspoons conversion of a cinema. Also checked out the other two pubs with cask marque approval, but was not impressed enough to go in either.
No comments:
Post a Comment