20070607

Wednesday 6th June

Aston to Sonning

Late start as I only wanted to get to Henley for lunch. Moored on the east bank just north of Henley. Walked to the Bird in Hand which is the one I went to last time, 7 years ago. It's the only free house and had 5 beers including Hooky Dark (mild).

Having spotted Waitrose on the way to the pub I went in on the way back.

Moored for the evening at Sonning by Sonning Court where Uri Geller lives. He donates the £5 mooring fee to charity.

Went to the Bull to eat. It's a former Gales pub so they only have Fullers beers, but at least they had 4 different ones.

After that I walked over the bridge to explore Sonning Eye but decided against walking to the pub listed in the GBG on the main road as there was no footpath.

No comments: