Cast off at 9.15 and went straight in to the open lock. I had checked the tides during the night and I knew it was a big one, so I rang Netham lock. At the second attempt I got through and was told to wait where we were for half an hour.
We had only dropped 6 inches in the lock and by the time I had finished on the phone the level had gone up 3 inches. We waited half an hour, during which the tide started to go out. On the way down river we met a narrowboat coming the other way about a mile from Netham lock.
At Netham I bough a 48 hr licence for a 14m boat, and asked advice about where to moor.
Stopped near the station to wait for Ians tain to arrive and I went to meet him.
Then we carried on to the visitor moorings by Peros bridge and we all went to eat in Zerodegrees. This is a modern gastropub brewing 6 of their own continental style beers unfiltered.
Then we moved down to the quiet moorings between the marina and Underfall yard so that Gavin and John could go to see the SS Great Britain.
At 5pm took Gavin and John to the station to catch their train at 6pm, and finally back to the quiet moorings again.
Ian and I went to eat in the Adam and Eve pub in Hotwells, then on to a few more.
No comments:
Post a Comment