20070601

Thursday 31st May

Shalford to Godalming

A grey start to the day so I waited till it had brightened up. Arrived at the first lock to find a queue of 3 boats with another one behind me, so 5 in total.

Moored below the sanitary station in Godalming and walked to the Red Lion to find it shut and no clips on the pumps. So for lunch I went to the nearby Star which I'd seen advertising in the local Camra newletter.

It was quite poignant seeing a Phylliss Tuckwell Hospice in town.

Purchased a pedal bin in Robert Dyas. Later on topped up supplies in Waitrose.

In the evening I went to the Cricketers in Farncombe but their kitchen is being redone. So I had to resort to eating in the Jack Phillips, the Wetherspoons named after the radio operator on Titanic. The town seems to be quite proud of him and even have a specially built memorial cloister by the river.

No comments: