Set off at 9am. This stretch is more boring than the previous stretch, not helped by the 1 1/2 miles of moored boats.
When I got to the first lock there were boats coming up in it so I carried on. Same again at the second lock, but at the third, Tarvin Road lock, I was on my own, though a passer by closed the gate behind me. Just below the lock is the Bridge Inn with bollards outside. When it started to rain it confirmed my decision to stop there for an early lunch.
Met boats coming the other way at the next two locks, but when I came to the staircase it was all down to me, including setting it. There were a pair of swans with 2 cygnets who came into the top lock with me but decided to stay there rather than follow me down.
Moored in the last decent spot at Tower wharf. After a cup of tea, a snooze and a shower, I realised that no boats had been up or down the locks since me, so I went back with a windlass to let the swans out of the top lock.
Then I went to Telfords Warehouse for a meal. They have 4 real ales including a mild!
No comments:
Post a Comment