Left Chester at 9am having witnessed the dry dock actually being used. It's about the only thing left of a once thriving area.
The first 2 or 3 miles to the edge of Chester are not marvellous, but then there are three miles of lovely countryside until you get to the motorway. Then its all downhill to Ellesmere Port.
On arrival at the baot museum, the trip boat was blocking access to the lock, so I waited till they left and then went down through the 2 narrow locks and moored on one of the islands.
I was warned that I was moored on top of two sunken pontoons but need not worry unless the level dropped by a few feet!
Walked into Ellesmere Port to get milk. Bought a Bluetooth earpiece in the new shopping centre. Met Ian off the train.
Back to the boat briefly, then set off again to catch a train into Liverpool where we met Andrew at Central station. We first went into the Vines, which may be in the national inventory but doesn't have any real ale. On to the Dispensary for some Cains. I had their new Lager.
Ate in Ma Bos. Disappointed that they now have proper tablecloths and you don't automatically get rice bowls and chop sticks.
After that we went to the Roscoe Head, and because it was raining we stayed there.
No comments:
Post a Comment