As there is only one train on a Sunday that stops at Willington, which is the next station near the canal, Ian left at 9am to catch the first train of the day from Burton.
I stayed until the chandlery opened at 10am when I bought a proper seal for the water filler cap and a bottle screw for the front fender to hold it tight enough to stop it moving sideways. I fitted both of these immediately.
Stopped for lunch at Willington. Had a bit of an incident while mooring, something caught round the propeller and I crashed into the stern of the boat in front. No damage was done and the offending item turned out to be a fishermans keep net. Still it's only the second time in six weeks that I've had to go down the weed hatch.
There was a choice of three pubs so I chose the one which has Cask Marque plaque outside. I had an nice pint of mild and a substantial Pork Hock with mash and peas.
Carried on till just past Weston and moored for the night in the shade opposite Weston Grange, as it was still very hot.
No comments:
Post a Comment