20050629

Tuesday 28th June

Walked to Wrenbury to buy milk. Took photos of some of exhibits on the scarecrow trail. Also went into the church. It has box pews and an organ on the gallery at the west end.

Set off to get through Baddiley locks before lunch. I thought the rush was over but by the time I was going into the first lock there were 4 boats waiting behind me.

Walked to the Farmers Arms, Ravensmoor for lunch. Forced to have a 2 course lunch as they were only one pound more than a sandwich!

Filled up with water at Hurleston, then went straight into the locks and the lock keeper helped me all the way down. Then turned right to Nantwich so that I could go to the Black Lion.

The Oddfellows Arms chef was on holiday, as I should have remembered from our previous visit and due to a long and expensive phone call to Malcolm I was too late to get food in any other pub. I scoured the town looking for a Wetherspoons but without success. It was also student night and a lot of pubs were uninviting.

Having failed to find food I went to the Black Lion. This was an excellent choice, three Weetwood beers plus White Star Titanic.

On the way back to the boat I stopped at the chippy.

No comments: