20080725

Sunday 20th July

Newbold to Brinklow Marina

Very short morning, just to get back to the marina. Was presented with my electricity bill on arrival. Car started OK.

Stopped on the A45 in Willoughby to see what was left of the Braunston and Willoughby station on the old Great Central Railway. Stopped in Rushden to visit the Rushden Transport Museum at the old station. The bar was very busy and the barman was not very friendly because we'd come in the wrong door and not passed the signing in book. We eventually got served when there was no one else that he could serve instead. Although I wasn't expecting to get food there, they do normally in a carriage outside, but not this weekend. We were also disappointed to find that none of the indoor exhibits were open. So we had a look round the outdoor exhibits and left, glad that that we hadn't made too much effort to get there.

Drove down to Luton where I dropped Peter off at Luton Parkway station. Then to finish off my holiday I went to Someries Castle which is threatened by the expansion of Luton airport.

No comments: