20170610

Friday 9th June Lower Heyford to Thrupp

Left Lower Heyford at the wrong time as several hire boats were all trying to get into the boatyard by 9am. A very pleasant day, warm with some sun. Stopped for a rest and early lunch below Bakers lock at the start of the river section. After that I carried on for Thrupp. Shipton lift bridge was open. I moored up at Thrupp lift bridge and just as I was looking at the controls a boat appeared from the other direction so I opened it for him. He was single handed so we arranged that he would close it after I had gone through. I got a spot on the 7 day moorings and went to check out the Boat Inn. I had a swift half and returned to Jacob for a cup of tea. Later I returned to the Boat Inn for an early dinner at 6pm.

No comments: