Market Harborough to Kilby Bridge
A long morning with no locks to get to Fleckney. Moored by the first bridge north of Sapperton tunnel to walk across the fields to Fleckney. I foolishly let Muffin off the lead and he found a cow pat to roll in. Went for lunch in the garden of the Golden Shield. A good selection of veg came with the roast and due to staff confusion I ended up having two desserts.
After that we started on the locks, fortunately we met another boat to share the first lock. Unfortunately there was a horrible banging noise when I went into reverse in the lock. I assumed that it was something round the prop however it was the universal joint at the gearbox that had was hanging on by one bolt. It seems that one bolt had been missing for some time a second had come out recently and the other 2 were working loose. Fortunately only one had broken off so by stealing 2 from the other joint we ran with 2 bolts in each.
We carried on carefully to Kilby Bridge sharing locks with a different boat all the way. After eating on board we went to the Navigation Inn for a few beers.
No comments:
Post a Comment