20160528

Thursday 26th May 2016

Brinklow marina to Braunston

Set off in the morning. At Hillmorton locks one of each pair of locks was out of use as they were repairing one of the middle pair. There were two volunteers at the bottom lock and one of them came to help us through the middle lock. Stopped for lunch on board in the shade of a tree at Willoghby wharf as it was quite hot in the sun. At Braunston bottom lock there were no other boats waiting or in sight so we went up the flight on our own. Unusually too the 14 day moorings were almost empty and when we arrived at the top lock moorings there were no other boats there! Later on another boat arrived through the tunnel and moored.

For the evening I had booked at table at the Admiral Duncan. We arrived at 830 as arranged and were put in the games room as expected but were given the bar menu which has no starters on it. As usual no one came to take our order and I had to go to the bar to order. They were very busy and as we were not able to have a starter I was looking forward to a dessert. However we were told it was too late to order one. I am sure this would not have happened if we did not have a dog with us and were sitting in the restaurant area. So a dissapointing visit and we will be more wary next time.

No comments: