20150607

Saturday 6th June

Oxford to Beale Park

Another long day to get to Beale Park in one day. Left Oxford before 9 to get to Iffley lock after 9. I was a bit annoyed when I saw the lock gates closing and only 2 narrowboats inside. I think the gates paused but briefly but we had to wait. So we had to share with a large cruise boat.  I didn't think we would both fit in but when I spoke to the lock keeper I saw the lock is wider than the gates. Stopped at Days lock to empty the loo, stopped at Sheridan Marine near Moulsford to get gas,  and finally got some water at Cleeve lock while waiting for a boat to come up. We got to Goring lock at 1745 but it was already on self operate mode.  Unfortunately the water point there is for containers only so we couldn't get any more water. Moored behind the larger island at Beale Park. As it was a sunny Saturday it was quite busy so we took 10 hours rather than 8 1/2 hours.

No comments: