Evesham to Tewkesbury
I was woken up very early by various cleaning operations in the gardens.
During the night the water level rose a bit and just started to go over the quayside, but by morning it had dropped back to the level it had been at 11pm last night. So we set off as planned at 8am.
The cable for Hampton Ferry was raised so I blew the horn three times and nothing happened. I tried again and still nothing happened so I had to turn around to face the current and wait. I tried the horn again and this time the cable dropped and we carried on.
When we got to Fladbury lock the indicator below the lock was showing 1ft of flood. After a bit of deliberation we decided to carry on.
At the next lock the level indicator below it was well in the green! So we carried on and moored at Pershore recreation ground. Went to the Brandy Cask for lunch.
On the way back to the boat we got some essential supplies.
When we got to Strensham lock the level indicator was amber. I rang Avon lock at Tewkesbury and asked if it was safe to proceed to Tewkesbury. He said it was in the amber there too and he had one mooring space left. So we carried on to Tewkesbury and moored on the water point for the night as instructed.
Went to eat in the Nottingham Arms. After that we checked out the Bell Hotel but decided to skip that and went to the Royal Hop Pole Hotel, a very interesting Wetherspoons. Finally we went to the Olde Black Bear.
No comments:
Post a Comment