We were in the second pair of boats to start off in the morning. A few locks up the boat we were sharing with came to halt with something round its prop. After they had tried to get it off, I then had a go and manged to get off a large thick plastic sheet. The only only other problem we had was when I ran aground when I went too near the towpath side in one of the poorly dug out sections.
The wife on the other boat decided that the best thing she could do was make lunch for the crew of both boats. So at 12 sandwiches appeared and we were able to carry on without stopping.
We moored for the night by the pub in Chadderton. We decided to catch a train from the nearby Mills Hill station into Rochdale. After a pint in the Flying Horse Hotel we went to eat in the Baum. Then we went to the Merry Monk and finally the Regal Moon, another Wetherspoons cinema conversion.
No comments:
Post a Comment