Went as far as Clifton where I bought some gas then moored opposite. Walked into Clifton to check out the Bull. They had London Pride, something else, and a guest beer, which was was another weak beer with a stupid christmassy name. So I had the Pride. They do cheap lunches every day except Sunday at £3.50, so I had one of those.
After lunch the sun appeared and I set off for the marina. Unfortunately a wind had also started. This helped me get into the marina entrance, which I managed to do in one go. However it made mooring on the pontoon very difficult. Although I did manage to get close enough to the pontoon to get off there are no cleats for the centre line so I only able to get the stern line on the ring, by which time the bow had been blown onto to the next pontoon, which is empty. I was then unable to pull the boat in using the centre line, but by using a long bow line I did succeed.
No comments:
Post a Comment