20070714

Thursday 12th July

Worcester to Tewkesbury

Set off at 8.15. At Diglis Basin the orange warning light was on to say that the river was more than 1.5ft above the weir, but when I rang up I was told that was no problem. So we carried on through the two big locks and turned to head downstream and into Diglis river locks.

The current in the river meant we were doing at least 5.5mph without trying.

Moored on the floating 48hr mooring at Upton upon Severn, we had the last space. Went for lunch in the White Lion Hotel where we had starters as our lunch.

Turned off the Severn and up to Tewkesbury. Once through the lock we filled up with water and then moored for the night.

Went for a walk round town. Evensong was on in the Abbey so we weren't able to look round inside.

In the evening we went to the Aubergine Brasserie and had a very good 3 course meal. After that we went to the White Bear where I sampled 2 of their 7 ciders, though only three were proper cider.

No comments: